Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Contract…

December 16, 2009

Today was going to be the day, the day I signed my contract and officially became a professional athlete! Once Gokturk, our GM, arrived with my contract, we grabbed a jersey to mock professional signings in the states. I was beaming with excited to sign, take pictures, and make everything official. But before the flashing lights commenced, I had to read the contract to make sure I knew what I was getting what I wanted. And here’s the catch, my contract didn’t have the clause stating the club would provide my departure ticket home. All the excitement disappeared. Our improve set up was for nothing. Gokturk would have to return with the amended contract for me to sign on a later date.

When would I make it official? When will I really be a professional?

No comments:

Post a Comment