Monday, December 21, 2009

Forget something?????

My first day I didn’t do too much; I was still recovering from my epic travels halfway across the world. The men’s team had a game at 4:30pm and Brittany and I were in attendance. This hockey game was a sight to see. Some of the men could barely skate, positions were unknown, the ice was terrible with divots and holes a plenty, and the worst of it all is that all the men think they are god’s gift to hockey. I would love to say it was amusing, but with the game ending at 34-1, it wasn’t. The game never ended; with scoring every other minute and penalties galore, the game lasted a lifetime. So long, we left to get our computers to go to Shoppe for the internet.

The next day, I had my first practice. Excitement and nervousness flooded my being. I was excited to actually play again, but nervous because it’s been so long. Also, the coach said, although jokingly, that I better be good because the hope of the team rests on my shoulders.

So about an hour before practice, I was emptying my bag of everything that wasn’t hockey gear. Suddenly it hit me, I FORGOT MY SKATES! I don’t remember packing them, they would be tucked in with my socks. Then, I vividly remember seeing my skates hanging in a stall in the locker room back at Colgate. My mom had sent my gear to Colgate, and I had played in a game there, so I knew I had all my gear. For that reason, I didn’t double check my bag when leaving Colgate. So now, not only was I missing my stick, which still hadn’t arrived from the airport, but now I didn’t have skates!

What else could I have forgotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment