Wednesday, December 30, 2009

TBHF…

December 21, 2009

Today, I went to the Turkish Ice Hockey Federation (TBHF) to send my transfer card to USA Hockey. We pulled up to the building and I thought it was a house. Tyler and Brittany warned me about the Federation, and to make sure to bring my camera. Of course, it was the one day I forgot it. I look to my left from the driveway and there are two telephone booths. In these two telephone booths are mannequins. The mannequins have hockey gear on, without socks, and only one has a jersey, and they had sticks. It was hilarious, funniest thing ever! Could you imagine going to USA Hockey and seeing two telephone booths with mannequins wearing hockey gear? We walked inside, after ringing the doorbell. I sat down at a desk, while one of the members filled out the papers. I don’t speak Turkish, and Gokturk was the only one who would speak English to me, so it was interesting. All who needed to, signed the paper, then that was it. We just had to wait for USA Hockey to send it back.

The transfer card is needed to process the rest of my paperwork. Without the transfer card, I can’t get my work permit, and without my work permit, I can’t get my player’s card. So this was just the beginning of the process for me to qualify playing here in Turkey. With the transfer card, USA Hockey allows me to play in the TBHF for the 2009-2010 season. Without the transfer card, I cannot play in Turkey, and considering it’s the week of Christmas, we were a little nervous. We had a small window to get everything done. Gokturk asked if I knew anyone at USA Hockey who I could call to get them to sign the paper today. I don’t know anyone, so I said no.

Will my paperwork be processed in time to play our first game?

No comments:

Post a Comment