Monday, December 14, 2009

Turkey!

I'm in Turkey! I got here Saturday night after hours and hours and hours of traveling.

These last few days I've had the chance to explore the neighborhood some thanks to my wonderful tour guides, Tyler and Brittany. I'm excited to explore more of the capital city once I'm a little more settled.

I practiced with the team for the first time today! But it wasn't until I was getting my gear ready for practice that I realized, I forgot my skates at Colgate. Typical move by me. So I had to borrow a pair of very dull and well worn skates, which I will call mine until mine arrive. My stick was also missing. It was lost somewhere along the way from Amsterdam to Ankara. I used a broken stick for half of practice, until our GM overheard that I had a broken stick and traded sticks with me. Thankfully my stick arrived after practice. The only things I am waiting on now, are my skates.

What to do next in such an exotic and foreign city?

No comments:

Post a Comment